Frequently Asked Questions
Please read through these Frequently Asked Questions to see if your question is answered here.
- If you do not find an answer to your question, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have!
- We will be updating this list of questions periodically with common questions that we receive :)
Do you do alterations and repairs?
- We no longer offer alterations or repairs of any sort.
- This includes hemming pants, skirts and dresses, replacing zippers, sewing on buttons, fixing torn seams, modifying dresses and skirts, and tailoring blouses, coats and jackets.
Do you have any clothing that is in-stock?
- Our in-stock clothing can be found on our Etsy Shop.
- We have a boutique in Woodstock, New York that has ready-to-wear clothing available.
- If you are ever in the Mid-Hudson Valley/Catskill region of New York, please come visit the Crimson Gypsy Boutique!
Do you vend at Renaissance Faires?
- We do not vend at Renaissance Faires. Our on-line catalog and our Woodstock, NY boutique are the only places to purchase Crimson Gypsy Renaissance Clothing.
Do you vend at Belly Dance Festivals?
- YES! We vend our line of BDYWear at the following belly dance festivals every year:
March - Art of the Belly - Ocean City, MD
- September - NEATS Camp - Cold Spring, NY
October - Rakkasah East - Somerset, NJ
How long does it take to receive an order?
Orders for Made-To-Order clothing are shipped 4-5 weeks from when the order is placed.
Orders are delivered 5-6 weeks after your order is placed. Usually less than that.
- All orders ship USPS Priority Mail with insurance and tracking.
- A shipping notification with tracking information is sent to you when your order is prepared for shipping.
How long in advance should I place my order for my Wedding - Prom - Renaissance Faire - Special Event?
- Please place your order no less than 2-3 months in advance of your required date, to make sure it is completed in time, and that you have a chance to try everything on to make sure there are no issues.
- Completely custom orders must be ordered a minimum of 3-4 months in advance.
Can you help me choose my size?
- Please send us an e-mail with your full bust, waist and full hip measurements to help us recommend the size you should order. If we think you would be better off with a custom size, we will let you know.
Do you offer Custom Sizes?
Yes, Custom Sizes are available for an additional fee, depending on the level of customization.
- We will need a few measurements to create custom clothing made to fit you!
- Please contact us before ordering if you think you may need a custom size, so that we can direct you to the chart of measurements we will need from you.
Do you offer Rush Service?
- Rush Service is offered in extreme cases, for an additional fee.
Our Rush Service Fee is based on how soon your order is required and the size of the order.
Can I send my own fabric?
- We are happy to make clothing from fabric you provide.
Bodices, Corsets and Renaissance Skirts are best made in medium to heavy weight drapery or upholstery fabrics.
- BDYWear is designed to be made in 4-way stretch fabrics.
- Please contact us so that we can let you know how much fabric your order requires, and where to send it.
Can my clothing be altered once it is made?
- BDYWear can be altered once it is finished, for an additional fee.
- We encourage you to take accurate measurements so that your clothing fits correctly when you receive it and you do not have to go through the trouble of returning your order for alterations.
Bodices and Corsets cannot be altered once they are completed, as they are finished with top stitching, binding, and grommets. Taking these items apart would be more work than making a completely new item.
Do you accept returns?
- Standard size clothing can be returned for store credit only, minus shipping charges and a 20% restocking fee (we did make it at your request, after all).
- Custom Sizes cannot be returned.
What if my Custom Size clothing does not fit once I receive it?
- If there is something terribly wrong with your Custom Size order once you receive it, we are happy to do whatever we can to correct any issues that are our fault.
- If you did not measure correctly and your Custom Size clothing does not fit properly, we cannot accept returns on these orders.
- Alterations may be able to be done in extreme cases, but they are time consuming and very costly.
I have an idea for something I would like made. Can you make this for me?
Christine Dempsey is able to make many different types of clothing than what is featured on this website.
- If you have a complex commission that you would like created, please contact Christine to discuss your commission and get a quote.
- Though we can make custom clothing remotely, it is best that custom commissions are able to be measured and fitted in person.
- Please arrange to visit our Woodstock, NY boutique periodically throughout the process of creating your custom commission.